The objective of the project is the development of a cultural and economic network from a tourism sustainability approach around Duero River. The Route is based on all the World Heritage resources designated by UNESCO located in both sides of the frontiers between Spain and Portugal. In this tourist network are included the following natural, cultural and historical resources: Historical Centre of Porto, Historical Centre of Guimarães, Alto Douro Vinhateiro, Vale do Côa rock art site, Historical Centre of Avila, Historical Centre of Salamanca, Historical Centre of Segovia, Burgos Cathedral , Paleontological site of Atapuerca and the historic gold mining site of las Medulas.
The project is an example of what a networking product creation must involve.
The following task were implemented:
- Fieldwork and Diagnosis of the situation.
- Historical and Nature Resources Inventory.
- New Tourist Products Proposals.
- Interpretation and definition of guidelines concerning to the enhancement of the Route.
- Marketing Plan and Action lines in terms of communication and brand image.
- Management Plan.