Salamanca was designated as World Heritage City
by UNESCO in 1988 and European Capital of Culture in 2002. Nowadays, the city is one of the most important Spanish cultural tourist destinations and a reference for international tourism.
The objective of the contract was the review of the previous Master Plan in order to evaluate it and design a renewed tourist strategy, taking into account the changing global framework.
This review, included an involvement of public and private stakeholders through a comprehensive and inclusive global consultative process
- Diagnosis and Strategic definition based on an intensive field work, interviews and workshops with local stakeholders.
- Technical assistance on tourist product differentiation for Master Plan implementation.
- Technical assistance on public and private service networking.
- Advisory on communication and marketing strategies for Master Plan Implementation. New tourist segments targets.
- Transforming consulting for the project implementation.
- Tourism Board staff training.