The specific objective of the program was to increase the revenue and jobs generated by tourism in the Colonial City of Santo Domingo through the development of tourism products and activities with high competitive potential.
The Urban Animation Plan for tourists and residents sought to build the capacity of local human resources to deliver quality services and to reap more benefits as a result of increased tourist activity in the Colonial City.
- Preliminary diagnosis of the current situation.
- Field work with heritage and cultural resources.
- Evaluation of economic impacts of tourism among the local population (more specifically, the population directly involved in the tourism industry).
- Interviews with owners of tourism companies in the city.
- Pilot Plan design.
- Design, implementation and analysis of tourist surveys in order to evaluate the impact of the Pilot Plan.
- Final Animation Plan design.