The objective of the project is to undertake a comprehensive exercise in positioning and master planning the Karongi area. Karongi has been identified as one of the focus destinations to develop as part of the project (Rwanda Investment Climate Reform Program Phase 3 – RICRP3), in order to diversify tourism activities beyond Kigali and Virunga ( gorillas tours Park). This identification was done during a market assessment of the Kivu Belt in 2016. The Karongi area is at an early stage of development but has many of the ingredients necessary to grow into a dynamic leisure resort destination.
Rwanda is a fascinating country with a solid economic growth and challenging goals for the near future. For us was a pleasure to share this project with our Spanish colleges of Aninver.
One year after the completion of the Karongi development plan the District took the action plan seriously and :
– formed a working group to support implementation with discussions now on adding a technical committee
– moved the road in the hotel/marina site
– developed a public beach to encourage events
– secured a leisure boat building investing company
– put in street lighting across the destination
– secured 5 new hotel investments . One investor directly attributed his decision to invest to the workshops and the development plan.
Esta web utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar los servicios con tus hábitos de navegación. Si sigues navegando, consideraremos que aceptas su uso.
This website is using their owns cookies and third party cookies to improve services and navigation. If you keep surfing, we will consider you are agree with it.OkPolítica de privacidad