This consultancy is part of a group of studies that were contracted by the Inter-American Development Bank to support the preparation of the National Tourism Program (NTP) in Barbados (BA-L1033).
The project’s aim was to reinforce the tourism diversification efforts initiated by the Ministry of Tourism, while ensuring that the investments included in the operation made a measureable contribution to the tourism sector´s reactivation.
ICN-Artea designed a National Plan focused on the creation of new heritage/cultural tourism products. In addition, the company defined a Marketing Strategy and a Digital Marketing Plan.
- National Tourism Program Strategy and Marketing Plan design, including actions based on the results of market analysis and tourist surveys.
- Analysis of the cruise ship experience, with a focus on the local value chain and the existing possibilities to increase cruiser expenditure during on-shore visits.
- Surveys of cruisers arriving in Barbados in order to ascertain their interest and willingness to pay for new heritage and cultural tourism products.
- Diagnosis of the main strengths and bottlenecks of the existing tourism supply, identifying those areas that need to be reinforced in relation to demand preferences.
- Definition of specific activities and lines of action in order to support youth inclusion along the tourism value chain.